Add Maximum IMPACT, Total REACH & Precise TIMING to your Advertising Campaign
Direct Mail Stats
- 56% of poscards are read by recipients, making them the direct mail piece most likely to be read.
- Young adults, 24 years and younger, are among the most direct mail responsive.
- 92% of young shoppers say they prefer direct mail for making purchasing decisions.
- An International Communications Research survey found that 73% of consumers actually prefer mail over other advertising methods.
- Direct mail is less expensive than other forms of advertising.
- 59% of U.S. respondents agreed with the following statement, "I enjoy getting postal mail from brands about new products."
- 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing.
Even younger generations who spend most of their time online prefer classic direct mail.
- 70% of Americans say postal mail is more personal than the internet.
- 40% of consumers try new businesses after receiving direct mail.
- U.S. advertisers spend $167 per person on direct mail to earn $2,095 worth of goods sold; a 1,300% return.
- 48% of people retain direct mail for future reference.
- Consumers spend an average of 30 minutes reading their mail on any given occasion.
- Consumers spend 25 minutes with direct mail advertising.